GalloN
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

Skriven av MZL

Gå ner

Skriven av MZL Empty Skriven av MZL

Inlägg av GalloN tor aug 14, 2008 8:07 am

The five main stages of an effective defense:

1. Keep your gold stack as low as possible

The best way to keep the attackers away is to have a very poor gold amount. If they get like 36 gold per loot, they will not attack you, not even if you don't have any troops. You should always buy a new trade ship when ever it is possible. The trade ships give you far much more overall points than the useless, and dangerous, gold stack.

For example, if your town is level 18, and you have a gold score of 3,381,464, they can loot 103,473 gold per attack. They will attack your town if they're even close to your Generals score.

2. Spy defense

Espionage, the most valuable defense, and offense, you can have. Also, spies have no upkeep so it's also the cheapest stage of defense.

Imagine that someone would like to attack you, and you both have similar Generals score. Getting a spy into your town has a 95% detection chance, which is the maximum amount. He has only a minimal chance to get a spy into your town, thus he really can't see what he is against with. He will rather attack someone else who has a low spy defense and can easily be scouted for troops and ships.

I would recommend building a level 20 Hideout and training 20 spies in every town. That's still somewhat cheap, spies have no upkeep and it's the first, cheapest and easiest stage of defense.

3. Sea defense

Before anyone can attack your troops, he must get through your ships, unless he's on the same island. And there are helluvalot more people out of your island than in it.

Ballista ships are the cheapest defense when you consider gold spent in upkeep with the gained amount of defense. Also, you get Ballistas at a very early stage of research, so they should be considered as your main sea defense. Don't waste resources on Ram ships, they're worthless. You'll get Ballistas easily within a couple of days. Only the Diving boats come close to the same value, and those are the last ones you can research.

Also, upgrading Ballistas to the max is cheap. You can get them maxed out quite early, just a crystal town and that's it. Researching Ballistas to the max almost doubles their value, so it surely is worth all the little spent crystal and gold.

Basically, in the start of your game when all your towns are below level five, or so, you should be fine with some five to ten Ballistas at each port. That will keep the other newbies out of your docks.

However, when you grow in points and town size, you will become a more interesting target to bigger players. Later on, as a rough rule, keep at least around two to three times your town level of Ballistas, or what ever you can afford, on each port.

So, a level 10 town should have around at least 20 Ballistas, better with 30 or more. A level 15 town should have at least 30, better with 45 or more.

This is because a bigger town level yields more gold in loot. And gold is what they want. They want to loot more gold than what they spend in attacking.

When your towns get to a bigger level, 15+, or so, you can improve your ship defense with adding some Mortar Ships so that the amount of defense and attack is equal in your ships. I also recommend upgrading at least the attack of the Mortars. Upgrading the defense won't hurt either.

Myself, I've got 800 Ballista Ships now to defend my five towns. That's not enough, I think. Smile

4. Wall defense

If they get through your sea defense, only the Town Wall stands between you and them. If you have no wall, there's nothing to be gained to either side. However, if you have a low level wall (lower than your town level) they will have a bigger attack bonus than your defense bonus if they have units with the Ram ability (Ram, Catapult, Mortar) along them.

Let's get down deep to it. Every breach they make will always grant them a 10% attack bonus, and the maximum amount of breaches is the level of your Town Wall. So, a level 10 Town Wall will have a maximum of 10 breaches, which will give them a 100% attack bonus.

On the defending side, your Town Wall will give the following defense bonus to you: +defense%=10*Wall^2/Town. Thus, a level 10 town with a level 10 Town Wall would be counted as 10*10^2/10=100%. If you would have a level 20 town with a level 10 Town Wall, it is 10*10^2/20=50%.

Well, 50% is a nice bonus to defense, but if the enemy tears all the 10 holes avilable to your Town Wall, he will have a 100% attack bonus. Therefore, in a sense, you will actually have a -50% defense. Not good.

It is imperative that on each town you keep the Town Wall at least at the same level as the Town Hall. Other than that, it's better to have no wall at all than a low level Town Wall.

Then again, this applies only to those attackers who have units with the Ram ability with them, but it's better to be safe than sorry, isn't it? Smile

5. Land defense

So, it has gotten to the final stage. This is the most difficult defense of all stages, and you should have improved the previous ones good enough so that it will never get to this last man standing zone.

In the early levels, before your towns are level five, or so, just keep some five to ten Slingers in your towns. That's simple and easy and should keep the same level newbies on your island away.

On medium levels, before you've researched Robotics, you should use two kinds of units, attack and defense. By far the best possible defense units are Phalanxes at that stage. There's no doubt about it. Also, they are easy to research and cheap to upgrade on defense. So, boot your Slingers as soon as you can train Phalanxes, and have them instead. However, their attack power is almost nonexistent, so do not upgrade the attack at all. It does no good. Instead, build some Archers to take care of the attack power, and upgrade their attack.

As a rough rule, you should have at least double of your town level of Phalanxes plus equal of it of Archers. A level 10 town thereby should have at least 20 Phalanxes and 10 Archers.

You should at least upgrade the Archers' attack to maximum. Upgrading their defense won't hurt either, if you've got plenty of crystal to spare.

On high levels, when you've researched Robotics, just get rid of all your Phalanxes and Archers. The Steam Giants are outstanding in defense. There is no better unit to defend your town with than a Steam Giant. As a rough rule, I'd say have at least one or two times of your town level of these at each town.

Upgrading the Steam Giants will cost a lot, I can tell you that. 26400 crystals for the both highest levels. However, it is worth all the crystal and gold since there simply is no better defender to your town than the Steam Giant. And you will want to have them as good as possible since you've gonna have them hanging around for a long time.

Other random, but important, things to ponder about:

[*]What's your Generals score?
Most of those who pillage people aim their attacks at people with a low Generals score. If you're at zero, you will eventually get attacked when your towns are at higher level. Do not leave your towns unprotected. If you have no troops, you're just a sure target. They'll come sooner or later.

[*]How high Trading port do you have?
If they can get past your spy defense (which in no circumstances should happen), and they see that you've got low money and low port, it is more likely they will not attack you. They will want to get more from pillaging than the cost of attacking.

[*]Should you have more defense in your capital than in colonies?
This is a thing often discussed about. As my highest level town, with the best gold loot, and the town which I keep all my resources in is my capital, I like to keep a bit more troops in my capital.

[*]What about Doctors and Cooks?
Well. In my opinion, they cost helluvalot in upkeep, have nonexistent attack and defense and Doctors have only 50% effect on Steam Giants. Having them around will not hurt you, that's for sure. Cooks keep your stamina up and Doctors keep your troops alive. However, the upkeep for one Doctor is 244 gold. You can upkeep three and a half Steam Giants, or over ten Phalanxes for the cost of one Doctor. Don't know 'bout you, but I'd rather let masses of efficent units to solve the outcome of a battle than to have somewhat useless units in my army.[/list]
GalloN
GalloN
Admin
Admin

Antal inlägg : 10
Registration date : 08-04-27

http://roots.heavenforum.com

Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Skriven av MZL Empty Sv: Skriven av MZL

Inlägg av GalloN tor aug 14, 2008 10:15 am

Skriven av MZL

De fem viktigaste stegen för ett effektivt försvar:

1. Håll ditt lagrade guld så lågt som möjligt.

Det bästa sättet att hålla attackerare undan är att ha en väldigt låg guldnivå. Om de får ca 36 guld per plundring kommer de inte attackera dig, inte ens om du inte har några trupper. Du bör alltid köpa ett nytt handelsskepp när det är möjligt. Handelsskeppen ger dig betydligt mer totalpoäng än det oanvändbara och farliga guldlagret.

Exempel, om din stad är på nivå 18 och du har ett guldlager på 3,381,464 så kan dom plundra 103,475 guld per attack. De kommer attackera din stad även om de är nära din Generalpoäng.

2. Spionförsvar

Spionage, det värdefullaste försvar, och anfall, du kan ha. Också, spioner har inget underhåll så det är det billigaste steget i ditt försvar.Föreställ dig någon som vill attackera dig, och ni båda har ungefär samma Generalpoäng. Chansen att få in en spion i din stad är 95% risk för upptäckt, vilket är den maximala chansen. Han har bara en minimal chans att få in en spion i din stad, plus att han inte riktigt kan se vad han ställs emot. Han attackerar hellre någon med ett lågt spionförsvar som han kan
spionera trupperna på.Jag rekommenderar att bygga ett Gömställe nivå 20 och träna 20 spioner i varje stad. Det är fortfarande relativt billigt, i och med att spioner inte har något underhåll och är det första, billigaste och enklaste steget i ditt försvar.

3. Sjöförsvar

Innan någon kan attackera dina trupper måste han ta sig förbi dina skepp, om han inte bor på samma ö vill säga. Och det är bra mycket fler spelare som inte bor på din ö än som bor där.Ballistaskepp är det billigaste försvaret när du beräknar spenderat guld i underhåll gentemot försvarspoäng. Också, du får tillgång till Ballistaskeppen i ett tidigt skede i spelet, så dessa bör ses som ditt huvud-flott-försvar. Slösa inte dina resurser på Rammskepp, de är värdelösa. Du kommer lätt få Ballistaskepp inom några dagar. Endast Ubåten kommer i närheten av samma värde och de är de sista du kan forska fram.Också, att uppgradera Ballistaskeppen till max är billigt. Du kan få dom max uppgraderade relativt tidigt, en kristall-stad och det är gjort. Att uppgradera Ballistaskeppen till max nästan dubblar deras värde så det är definitivt det lilla offrade kristall och guld. Vanligtvis, i början av spelet när alla dina städer ur under nivå 5, eller däromkring, så borde du klara dig fint med fem till tio Ballistaskepp i varje hamn. Det kommer hålla de andra nybörjarna från din hamn. Så, en nivå 10 stad bör ha runt åtminstonde 20 Ballistaskepp, bättre med 30 eller mer. En nivå 15 stad bör ha åtminstonde 30, bättre med 45 eller mer.Det här är för att en större stad drar in mer guld per plundring. Och guld är vad de vill ha. De vill plundra mer guld än de spenderar på attacken.När dina städer når högre nivåer, 15+, däromkring, kan du förbättra ditt flottförsvar med några Mörsarskepp så att försvar och attack är jämställt i dina skepp. Jag rekommenderar även att uppgradera åtminstonde attacken för Mörsarskepp. Att uppgradera försvaret skadar inte heller.

Jag själv, har 800 Ballistaskepp i mina fem städer. Det är tillräckligt, tycker jag. Very Happy

4. Murförsvar

Om de kommer igenom din flotto, kommer endast Stadsmuren stå mellan dig och dom. Om du inte har någon mur, finns det inget som ger fördel till någondera. Men, om du har en låg nivå på muren (lägre än din stadsnivå) kommer de ha en högre attackbonus än din försvarsbonus om de använder enheter med specialiteten "Murbräcka" (Murbräcka, Katapult, Mörsare).

Låt oss gå djupare in i det. Varje bräsch de gör ger dom en 10% attackbonus, och det maximala antalet bräscher är nivån på din stadsmur. Så, en mur på nivå 10 har ett max på 10 bräscher, dvs 100% attackbonus till dom.På försvarande sida, din Stadsmur kommer ge följande försvarsbonus till dig: +försvar%=10Mur^2/Stad.

Dvs, en stad på nivå 10 med en mur på nivå 10 skulle bli kalkylerat 10*10^2/10=100%. Om du har en Stad på nivå 20 med en mur på nivå 10, är det 10*10^2/20=50%. Nå, 50% är en fin bonus till försvar, men om fienden skapar alla 10 möjliga bräscher i din Stadsmur, kommer han ha 100% attackbonus. Så därför, på ett sätt, kommer du faktiskt ha -50% försvar. Inte bra.Det är nödvändigt att i varje stad ha en Stadsmur på åtminstonde samma nivå som Rådhuset. Annat än det, är det bättre att ha ingen mur alls än en låg Stadsmur. Men återigen, det här kan endast appliceras på de attackerare som har enheter med specialiteten "Murbräcka", mend et är bättre att vara säker är ledsen, är det inte? Very Happy

5. Landförsvar

Så, vi har kommit till det slutgiltiga steget. Det här är det svåraste försvaret av alla steg, och du bör ha förbättrat de tidigare stegen tillräckligt bra så att det aldrig kommer till denna "last man standing" - zone. På de tidiga nivåerna, innan din stad är på nivå 5, eller däromkring, ha bara 5 fem till tio Slungare i din stad. Det är enkelt och bör hålla nybörjarna på din ö borta. På medium niåerna, innan du forskat Robotik, bör du använda två slags enheter, attack och försvar. Den bästa försvarsenheten på långa vägar är Hopliter på den här nivån. Det är ingen tvekan om det. Också,
de är lätta att forska och billiga att uppgradera på försvar. Så, gör dig av med dina Slungare så fort du kan träna Hopliter, och använd dom istället. Men, deras attackstyrka är nästan obefintlig, så uppgradera inte attack alls. Det gör ingen nytta. Istället, träna några Pilbågsskyttar som tar hand om attackstyrkan, och uppgradera deras attack.

Som en ungefärlig regel, bör du ha åtminstonde det dubbla antalet Hopliter gentemot din stadsnivå plus samma antal Pilbågsskyttar som stadsnivå. En nivå 10 stad bör därför ha åtminstonde 20 Hopliter och 10 Pilbågsskyttar.
Du bör åtminstonde uppgradera Pilbågsskyttarnas attack till max. Att uppgradera deras försvar skadar inte heller, om du har mycket kristall till övers.

På höga nivåer, när du forskat Robotik, gör dig av bara av med alla Hopliter och Pilbågsskyttar. Ång-Jätten är överlägsen i försvar. Det finns ingen bättre enhet att försvara din stad än Ång-Jätten. Som en ungefärlig regel, skulle jag rekommendera att ha åtminstonde två gånger stadsnivån av dessa i varje stad. Att uppgradera Ång-Jättarna kommer kosta mycket kan jag tala om. 26400 kristall för bägge de högsta nivåerna. Men, det är värt all kristall och guld eftersom de det helt enkelt inte finns någon bättre försvarare åt din stad än Ång-Jätten. Och du vill ha dom så bra som möjligt eftersom du kommer ha dom dragandes en lång tid.

Andra slumpmässiga, men viktiga, saker att fundera kring:

• Vad är din Generalpoäng?
    Mestadels av dom som plundrar andra siktar på folk med lägre Generalpoäng. Om du är på noll, kommer du slutligen bli attackerad när dina städer kommer upp i nivåer. Lämna inte dina städer oskyddade. Har du inga trupper, är du en säker måltavla. Attackerna kommer komma förr eller senare.

• Hur hög handelshamn har du?
    Om de kan komma förbi ditt spionförsvar [som under inga omständigheter bör hända), och de ser att du har lågt guldlager och låg hamn, är det mera troligt att de inte attackerar dig. De vill få mer från plundringen än vad den kostar.

• Bör du ha mer försvar i din huvudstad än i kolonierna?
    Detta är en sak som ofta diskuteras. Eftersom min högsta stad, med den bästa guld-plundringsmöjligheten, och staden jag håller alla resurser i är min huvudstad, gillar jag att ha lite mer trupper i min huvudstad.

• Hur är det med Doktorer och Kockar?
    Nå. Min åsikt är att du kostar sjuhelsikes i underhåll, har intetsägande attack och försvar och Doktorer har bara 50% effekt på Ång-Jättar. Att ha dom kommer inte skada dig, det är säkert. Kockar håller din Uthållighet uppe och Doktorer håller dina trupper vid liv. Men, underhållet för en doktor
    är 244 guld. Du kan underhålla tre och en halv Ång-Jätte, eller över 10 Hopliter för kostnaden av en Doktor. Vet inte hur det är med dig, men jag låter hellre en massa av effektiva enheter lösa utgången av en strid än att ha, i vissa aspekter, värdelösa enheter i min armé.
GalloN
GalloN
Admin
Admin

Antal inlägg : 10
Registration date : 08-04-27

http://roots.heavenforum.com

Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Till överst på sidan

Behörigheter i detta forum:
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet